If you are struggling with depression, anxiety, or other mental health challenges, know that you are not alone in your battle.
Know that the God who created the heavens and the earth created you with a purpose for your life, that he loves you unconditionally, and that he is with you through this season of your life and always. Know that he is waiting for you with open arms, calling you to him.
Also know that there are resources available to you to get help. We’ve put together a list of ways to get help and to set you on the path to healing.
Note: Listing these resources do not necessarily imply our endorsement.
- Switch On Your Brain The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud
- Changes That Heal: Four Practical Steps to a Happier, Healthier You by Henry Cloud
- Get Out Of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts by Jennie Allen
- Forgiving What You Can’t Forget: Discover How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That’s Beautiful Again by Lysa Terkeurst
- Flirting with Darkness: Building Hope in the Face of Depression by Ben Courson
- Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess: 5 Simple, Scientifically Proven Steps to Reduce Anxiety, Stress, and Toxic Thinking by Dr Caroline Leaf
- Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado
- Forgiveness: Living Free From Bitterness & Resentment by Ed Salas
- Confession, Repentance, Forgiveness by Ed Salas
COUNSELING & THERAPY
ECHO PRAYER LINE
- Text (408) 716-1675, and someone from the Echo Prayer Team would be glad to pray for you.
LOCAL & NATIONAL SUPPORT
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – confidential support for people in distress and crisis
- Crisis Text Line – text HOME TO 741741 to reach a crisis counselor 24/7 to assist with any emotional challenge
- Church and Mental Health – resources and articles bridging faith and mental health
- BJM – Because Justice Matters – helping girls/women come out of poverty and exploitation
- Real Options – for pregnancy decisions
- Drug Rehab for College Students | Drug Rehab for the LGBTQ+ community
- Teen Challenge – addiction, substance abuse, and trauma
- NAMI – National Alliance on Mental Health
- Momentum Mental Health – helping individuals achieve mental and emotional health
- County of Santa Clara – Suicide Prevention Crisis – bringing community awareness to the issue and engaging in community prevention efforts
- Each Mind Matters – California’s Mental Health Movement working to advance mental health
- NAAP San Jose – National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Side by Side Youth – supporting young people impacted by adversity on their unique journeys to heal from trauma
- Project Semi Colon – providing hope and love to those who struggle with mental illness, suicide, addiction, and self injury (NPO)
SUPPORT FOR DIVERSITY
- DRKBEAUTY – digital community that supports and empowers women of color in all their diversity
- SOL Sisters Org – educational and empowering experiences that promote inclusivity
- The Love Land Foundation – resources and initiatives for opportunity, access, validation, and healing for Black women and girls
- Sad Girls Club – committed to showing up for black women & POC creating community and providing resources to better your mental health.
- Asian Mental Health Collective – building community for Asian mental health support
- Latinx Therapy – destigmatizing mental health in the latinx community through our bilingual podcast and platforms.
- South Asian Therapists – world’s largest South Asian mental health community
SUPPORT FOR SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & SEXUAL ASSAULT
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Tips for Parents to Talk with Kids About Mental Health – Key Ministry article
- Grace for the Children: Finding Hope in the Midst of Child and Adolescent Mental Illness by Matthew S. Stanford
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel & Tina Payne Bryson
- Child Mind Institute – online resource for children’s mental health information
- Sesame Street – toolkits to help children build resilience, navigate grief, etc.
- KidsHealth.org – resources for kids, teens, & parents on health, cyber-bullying, etc.
- Zero to Three – national nonprofit that provides parents, professionals, and policymakers the knowledge and know-how to nurture early development