How to Invite Friends to the You Asked For It Series
Inviting others to church can feel daunting at times. Below are some practical tips & tools for how to do it in a casual, friendly, & easy way!
Share the series promo video with your friends!
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS
Simply right click & download these images to share on social media!
TIPS FOR INVITING OTHERS
- BE YOURSELF.
Don’t overthink it! Use words that feel natural to how you usually talk.
- THINK OF OTHER CIRCLES OF PEOPLE.
Invite people from communities you’re involved in outside of church, like:
- teams at work
- interest-based Facebook groups
- group text threads
- family chat threads
- CONSIDER BOTH IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL.
Some ways you can invite people (including virtually) include:
- IDENTIFY A NEED.
Think about a specific issue the person may be looking for answers about or struggling with. For instance, just had a conversation with someone who’s feeling hopeless or discouraged? Here’s a sample blurb you can send them:
Hey [name]! It was great catching up the other day, and I wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking and praying about [situation]. On that note, my church is doing a series about answering your biggest life questions. Let me know if you’d be interested in joining me for service this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] 🙂
A NOTE ON RESPONSES:
- If they accept, that’s great! If you’re available, attend or watch the Sunday message at the same time as the person you invited. Then check in with them afterwards on their thoughts.
- If they decline, don’t feel bad! Continue to establish a relationship with the person, and keep praying for them.
Sample blurb to send to a friend personally (through text, Facebook message, email, etc.):
Hey [name]! This might sound a bit random, I just thought about you today and wanted to share this series that my church is doing about answering your biggest life questions. I love my church and thought you might find this valuable, especially during these times 🙂 I’m gonna join/attend this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] – let me know what you think!
Sample blurbs to post on your social media platforms:
- I always look forward to Sunday mornings! This weekend, my church is talking about answering your biggest life questions. Join me for an encouraging message at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link]. Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
- With everything that’s been going on this year, it really has been difficult at times… but I’ve found that staying plugged into a supportive community has made all the difference. Come join me for an encouraging message about answering your biggest life questions on Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link]! Feel free to reach out if you ever wanna talk about faith, church, etc.!
Sample blurb to share in a community forum/group (e.g. NextDoor/neighborhood group, other interest-based Facebook groups, etc.):
Hey friends! I wanted to share that I’ve been checking out this church for some time now and love it! I’ve found it really helpful and encouraging personally. Right now, we’re going through a message series about answering your biggest life questions. I’ll be there this Sunday at [service time and location – or echo.church/online link] – let me know if any of you are interested in joining me!